Updated: 24 February 2024
This is my “now” page. Check out nownownow.com for more information about “now” pages.
10 second update
Currently on a few weeks sick leave following surgery in mid-February. Recovery going slowly but well. I hope to be back at things in mid to late March.
Living in Nova Scotia for 17 years, “kids” are now 18 and 22, celebrating being with Adrian for 32 years, working for the Community College in Student Services. No formal political roles for the first time in many years.
I have been listening to:
- Death of a Codebreaker – the GCHQ, MI6 seconded code breaker, Gareth Williams was found dead in a sports bag in his bathroom in 2010. This podcast tells the story of what is known from the investigation into the young man’s death. 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Blood on the Dancefloor – about the terrorist murder of a gay policeman in 1990s Northern Ireland. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- A Very British Cult – British “Life Coaching” group “Lighthouse International” exposed 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Believe in Magic – surprising twists and turns in the story of a young woman, her illness and her fundraising. 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Carrie Jade does not exist – not aquite “Believe in Magic” but still an interesting tale with some twists and turns. 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Disaster Trolls – the sick people who pretend they believe that disasters did not happen and make money from selling these ideas to gullible people. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Marianna in Conspiracy Land – why hippies are flirting with extreme right wing conspiracy theories. 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Vishal – investigation into the disappearance of a young boy on the day of the wedding of Charles and Diana. Disturbing, emotional, and infuriating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I have recently read:
Currently listening to:
The audiobook of Doppelgänger by Naomi Klein
Research and Rabbit holes
Current research interests and the rabbit holes I end up down:
- The small web / personal websites
- Federated social media
- Self-hosting / homelabs
- Leadership – emotional intelligence, Susan David and Emotional Agility
Current self-imposed metrics
- 10,000 steps at least five days a week
- 30 minutes cardiovascular exercise five days a week
- 10 minutes mindfulness every day
- Three things I am grateful for each day (or when I remember)
I used to describe my website as an “Oh look I have a website” site and then found out there are such things as Everything/Nothing or E/N site which mean everything to the writer and nothing (or almost nothing) to anyone else. I am good with that. It is not everything to me and I mainly use it to play around and work out if I can do things or test things or whatever.
I last update this site on 24th February 2024 when I changed the site logo and a little of the look and feel – particularly the front page.